Thursday, March 8, 2012

My Very Own "Six Cents"

Been 5 weeks since I've posted and it's been a difficult struggle to break away from those bad habits I mentioned in my last post. 


At the start of March I began a new approach to eating and losing weight. I'm going to try this new approach for a few weeks before I let you in on whether it's effective. Keep checking back for more on this later this month. 


Now on to some news I'm rather proud to report. In the first full week of my new approach I have lost 6 pounds. That means I've moved 6 pennies from the left jar to the right jar on my dresser. This is a symbolic testimony to the fact that I have lost six pounds in the "right" way and can look and see those I have "left" to lose. 


Going forward Thursdays will be my "results" day. I will be reporting my success from the previous week. 


There are a couple of things about to happen that will help me in getting to my goal. 


First, this weekend is the start of daylight savings time. It will last until the first week of November. This means when I take my evening walk it won't be in the dark. That's a huge difference for me. I really hate walking in the dark all the time. The extended daylight also means I'll also be able to get out my bike and ride. I'm really excited about that. 


The second thing is that at the end of this month the new Christian family life center will open at my church. This new $2 million facility will basically be a gym where I can go to exercise. There's a walking track on the second floor, above the gym floor, and an exercise room. There will also be pick up basketball games (not too excited about this but I will participate just for the exercise) and volleyball games.


I'm also hoping to be able to donate a ping pong table so I can go and play whenever I want to play. I love ping pong. 


So things are looking up in the weight loss area of my life. So far this year has been tough for me and not very successful. But now I'm back in the game and ready to race for the finish line. I'll let you know next Thursday how many pennies I am able to move.






No comments:

Post a Comment